Ask Smiles on Delaware if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
How a Digital Dental X-Ray Works
Using a small radiographic camera that is only slightly larger than a pen, we can efficiently capture images of each tooth while replacing the traditional film used in conventional X-rays. This technology conveniently eliminates the need for developing or chemical processing of the images. Instead, they appear instantly on a computer screen as each scan is completed so that they can be showcased to providers and their patients within minutes! By shifting the angle of the imaging wand only slightly, the provider can capture every surface of every tooth and provide you with immediate results, so you don’t have to wait.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Exposes the patient to much less radiation than traditional X-rays
- Offers better & more reliable imaging results, enabling our experienced provider to instantly detect abnormalities in teeth, gums, enamel as well as tumorous masses, cavities & hidden dental structures
- Gray-scale resolution of 256 colors compared to 16 to 25 shades on conventional film, allowing for a more detailed, accurate analysis
- Immediately transfers images to a monitor so that the provider can review and explain the information to the patient
- Images can be enlarged, adjusted, and saved for future reference
- Offers the ability to digitally compare your X-rays with one another
- Reduction of waste and other harmful chemicals
For more information on dental imaging in Ankeny or to book an appointment, call Smiles on Delaware at 515-850-1150.